Pottery Studio Time
SPACES ARE LIMITED – BOOK A SESSION TODAY!
Pottery Studio Time is for those who do not wish to use a pottery wheel but would still like to come in and use the pottery studio to either glaze or use tools and equipment or to just sit and create hand-built master pieces. Book this session to keep a wheel free for others. All tools and equipment must be left clean.
STUDIO TIME DOES NOT INCLUDE THE USE OF POTTERY WHEELS. You must have completed 4 Beginners Learn to Throw Pottery Classes before you can book a Wheel Time session or use the pottery wheels. If you have not completed 4 Beginners Classes please click here for more information and to book a beginners learn to throw class.
* Please also keep in mind if you notice the other Wheel Time spaces on the calendar are full the studio will be crowded. We are working on getting more space but in the meantime, thank you for your patience as we share the limited space we have.
$33 per 3 hr session
$30+gst per 3hr Studio Time session. Price includes use of all tools and equipment including the slab roller, pottery forms, rolling pins etc. It does not include the cost of clay, glazes or firings. (see additional prices below).
Please see what to bring in studio rules below. It’s getting very busy and there is never enough space. Most of us who have attended other studios before are aware that we need to bring everything we need with us to each session and leave nothing behind when we go. So a huge THANK YOU to those who are already doing this – it is greatly appreciated!!
Plus+ Additional costs
KILN FIRINGS & GLAZES
PLEASE NOTE: Kiln firings INCLUDE the use of underglazes and glazes. Cover your pots in any glaze you like.
Pots UNDER 15cm = $2.50 PER POT / PER FIRING (eg. a bisque fire plus+ glaze fire = $5).
Pots OVER 15cm (tall OR wide OR both) $5.00 PER POT / PER FIRING.
Pots OVER 30cm (tall OR wide OR both) = $10.00 PER POT / PER FIRING.
Anything larger please ask me to quote.
Enjoy a relaxing session painting a ceramic bisque piece with friends. Cost is $30+gst per person for the studio time session + PLUS the cost of the bisque piece. Bisque prices are listed on our website and also marked on each piece. The price you see marked on the bisque piece INCLUDES the cost of Kiln Firings & use of all Underglazes & Glazes. Book a Studio Time session online, and select & pay for your piece when you get here. Bisque Pieces range between $5 – $80. Remember to BYO sparkly drinks & snacks for an extra fun session.
Studio rules & what to bring
- PLEASE DON’T COME TOO EARLY. No more than 5 mins before a session starts please.
- PLEASE DRIVE ALL THE WAY AROUND THE TURNING CIRCLE & PARK ON THE DRIVEWAY OR continue to BACKYARD GRASS AREA. Please don’t drive straight in and stop midway, other cars can’t fit behind you if you stop short and then their car blocks the entry. Please drive all the way around the turning circle and park on the driveway, so you can drive out when it’s time to leave. If there is space in front of the garage you can park there, but if two cars are there already, don’t stop behind them, continue around the turning circle and park on the driveway. That way you don’t have to maneuver a 3 point turn or reverse to exit. If you need to leave early, please park on the street and walk down so we don’t have to shuffle cars around.
- Please remember to bring your own APRON & TOWEL. With a few changes to the timetable and more sessions now available every week, wheel time sessions mostly come straight after beginner sessions so there WONT be any aprons or towels available for Wheel Time or Studio Time sessions anymore. Aprons & Towels are reserved for beginner throwing classes only.
- Please bring a LIDDED CONTAINER if you would like to reclaim your own clay.
- At the end of each session please CLEAN your area & tools & put the tools back in place where you found them.
- Please make sure to PUT YOUR CLAY AWAY or take it home with you.
- At the end of your session you need to COVER YOUR OWN POTS and put them away or take them home with you in your own box.
- If you have trouble covering your pots, you need to put them in a Styrofoam container or bring a big box with newspaper for lining or cushioning if you’re taking home with you.
- Please DON’T use the round bats to store your pots on, these are for throwing on the pottery wheel only. Large pots can stay on the round bats but only if absolutely essential and only if you really can’t move them, otherwise they need to be transferred into your box or onto the timber rectangle boards so they fit on the shelf. If you cant find space on the shelf you will need to take your pots home with you and bring back next session.
- BRING A BOX to take any completed pieces or work in progress home with you.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST! If you would like to discuss anything with me or have a suggestion of what you would like to see happen here, or any ideas, or if you’re not happy about something – Let’s chat – I’d love to hear your feedback.
Everyone is creating such great work & I can’t wait to see what you make next!
Thanks so much for your support and co-operation for for making our small potting community so wonderful!
Bookings Essential: Spaces are limited