Beginner Learn to Throw Pottery Classes
Now Taking Bookings!
Exciting news, wheel throwing pottery workshops have begun.
Come along and learn to throw on the pottery wheel, make your own dinnerware, design, paint & glaze your very own pot. Be prepared to get messy, meet new friends, have a few laughs and best of all – you get to take your own unique hand made clay creation home.
When: Book Now! (click on a Blue Learn to Throw time on the calendar to make a booking)
Where: Home based studio (garage) 39b Clifton Road, Clifton Beach QLD 4879 – House in Middle
Cost: $70 per 3hr class, or book 4 classes at once for just $250 (save $30!). Price includes use of all tools, equipment, clay, glazes & firings.
Bookings Essential: Spaces are limited (max 4 per class).
Generally it takes around 4 classes to complete a piece from scratch to completion. Below is a guide, however pottery is self paced, so I encourage you to take your time and enjoy the process:
- Week 1: Learn the basics of throwing on the pottery wheel: centering & pulling. Practice pulling cylinders.
- Week 2: Throwing – practice, practice, practice & throw your first pot, a bowl or vase on the pottery wheel.
- Week 3: Trimming – trim your pot, make your mark & shape your bottoms.
- Week 4: Hand paint, decorate & apply glazes to your bisque fired pots.
What to bring / What NOT to bring:
- Wear comfy clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Don’t bring or wear a watch, rings or bracelets. It is best to keep your arms bare from elbows down.
- Keep your fingernails short. False or acrylic nails are OK but they won’t make it easy, the shorter the better.
- A hair tie or headband or cap if you have long hair to keep hair out of your face while you’re bent over the wheel.
- Feel free to bring any of your own tools if you have them (marked with your name), but not necessary as all items will be supplied.
What you’ll make:
Initially we will be centering and pulling cylinders. Beginners will start with a bowl and/or vase, and & will continue to make a mug, and pull and attach your own handles.
You can make whatever your heart desires…. Bowls, vases, mugs, plates, candle holders, lidded jars, dinnerware… Come along and create what you like, enjoy spending time with new friends who have a passion for pottery.
Note: Please keep in mind this is a very casual class. Workshops do not follow a strict timetable, it is self paced learning whilst having fun. This is an adult beginners potters group, no children under 16yrs.
IMPORTANT: Rescheduling or Cancellations
Bookings cannot be rescheduled within 24hrs. If you cannot make a class within 24hrs of your booking you will forfeit your spot & lose your money. Sorry – no refunds for ‘no shows’ or last minute cancellations within 24hrs.
Please do not text or email to Reschedule or Cancel a booking at last minute. You must log into your account to reschedule. See pics below. Log In. Click onto ‘Bookings’ left hand side, then click onto the ‘Reschedule’ or ‘Cancel’ button. If there is no button you may have left it too late, the reschedule & cancel button will automatically dissapear 24hrs before your scheduled class.
Sorry – but unfortunately I have had too many people reschedule or cancel at last minute which costs me time & money. I cannot afford to hold a place or block the calendar for someone who doesn’t show. I have other potters upset when they miss out on a spot or when the class is full and they can’t get in, and when someone cancels at last minute or doesn’t show, not only do we lose a spot on the day it’s also taking up another spot the following week or whenever you decide to reschedule to. It’s not fair on me or on other potters who would loved to be here.
Thanks so much for your understanding.
Please Note: Click onto a time then enter your details and click ‘Book Now’. To book more than one workshop at a time, you need to add one to your cart then view cart, continue shopping or return to workshop page to add another booking.